Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Embossed horse card for a little boy



I need more cards for the little boys at the children's charity, but I always seem to struggle when making them.  So I tried something a bit different for this card.  I found a brass stencil in my stash that I have had for many years and used a light box to hand emboss the image with a stylus.  Then I turned the image over with the stencil still attached and inked the image with a sponge applicator.  Cut out the image with a Spellbinders die, then distressed the edges with the same ink as the image.  Added my usual banner saying with the tiny bow tied with jute twine.  I haven't done hand embossing with a light box for many years and it was a lot of fun to revisit that technique.

Challenges:
Simon Says Wednesday - Stencil It
Simon Says Monday - Emboss It

3 comments:

jenn shurkus said...

this is a perfect card for boys and I bet they will love the texture :) thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!!!

chrissy xx said...

Such a Brilliant idea Dee! I LOve both your cards and fab colours.
Chrissyxx

Meihsia Liu said...

Love your beautiful card! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)