Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Natures Sketchbook


A bad thunderstorm is moving through our area this morning so I'm staying inside and working on some cards for OWH.  I made this card using a butterfly stamp from the SU set called Natures Sketchbook.  Stamped the image randomly all over a 8.5 X 11 sheet of white cardstock.  Let the ink dry, then cut out a 3.75 X 5 panel for my main image.  Sorry the photo is a bit dark.  The white on white was a challenge to photograph and I had to tone it down a bit as the white was overpowering.  I also scanned in the sheet I stamped and saved as a jpg file so I can use this again in the future without having to stamp a whole sheet again.
 
Challenges:
Sweet Stamps Challenge - Stamp your own background
My Graphico Challenge 148 - Anything goes
Catch The Bug Theme Challenge - It's a bugs life
Bugs = cocoon, caterpillar, butterflies
 

13 comments:

Sharon said...

great butterfly images. Thanks for playing along with us at CCT.x

Deb said...

Great plan, I am working on some for OWH too this week! Love this, amazing stamping!
Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
Debxx

Unknown said...

Very beautiful!!

Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles this week.

KathMF said...

Beautiful - simple, elegant card. Thanks for joining in Emma's crafty challenge and good luck x

Mandy Ashley said...

Fantastic stamping - just lovely!

Thank you for entering Emma's Crafty Challenge!
Good luck! :-)

Cindy said...

Really beautiful! Just clean and simple :D!
Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Make It Monday ^◡^

GiGi said...

Beautiful card! The black on white is so classic and stunning! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot!

chrissy xx said...

LOve your stamping Dee.
The Black and White look soooo pretty.
A FABulous card ...LOve it.
Chrissyxx
Hope your weather is okay now..

Michelle Looi said...

Such a cool black and white ensemble!
Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles!
~Michelle

Min said...

Just lovely!
We’re so glad you played along with us this week for the Catch The Bug A Bugs Life Challenge with Bugaboo Stamps!
We hope you join us again this week for a new Bugaboo challenge!
Hugs & Happy Days!
~Min
Kaymin Kreations

Kathleen (Kath) B. Hernandez said...

Love the sketch look of your card! Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles’ “Black & White” Challenge!

Kath - Admin
Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

Julia said...

I saw your beautiful creation on Make It Monday and had to visit and take a closer look. Gorgeous! TFS!

My entries are #9, #18, #234, #235, and #243.

I would love to have you visit my blogs: Paper and Scraps Creations by JuliaMe and Myself on the Dark… and My Art... Healing The Soul and become a follower.

Hugs,

Julia

Houses Built of Cards said...

Beautiful! LOVE the monochromatic color! Thanks for joining us this week at My Craft Spot!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com