Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Converting dingbats to cut files


I spent an hour this afternoon experimenting with my Silhouette Cameo.  I follow Jin Yong and my card was inspired by the tutorial she posted on her blog  (Under A Cherry Tree) today.  It's a wonderful tutorial that shows you step by step how to convert a dingbat to a cut file.  I followed all the steps to create the cut file, then I made another offset, mirrored left, overlapped, aligned and cut out my black card base.  I also cut a extra black piece to put on the card base so the part where the shapes overlapped on the left wouldn't look cut off.  I will be sending this to the Cards for Hospitalized Kids charity.  I hope it will make the little kids smile.

Challenges
Creative Card Crew - Use black cardstock
The Crafter's Cafe Challenge - Use punches or die cuts
Glitter N Sparkle Challenge - Use something with a b - black cardstock and a bow

13 comments:

Bunny said...

What a cute card for a child. I love the gingham ribbon. Thank you for joining us at Come And Get It challenge. Bunny DT

Susan Kennedy said...

How CUTE!!! Love this! That is a great little pumpkin! Great tutorial! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges!!! Good Luck! I hope we see you again!!

- Susan, Co-Owner @ Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
{Scrap A Thousand Words}

Barb said...

A charming pumpkin, what a fun idea. Thank you for sharing with us at the Come And Get It challenge. Barb.

chrissy xx said...

Cute! It brought a smile to my face Dee.
Going to pop over and take a peek at the Tutorial.
Chrissyxx

everything with stickles.blogspot.com said...

cute, very simple but lovely made me smile, Thanks for sharing with us at Glitter n Sparkle Good luck Chris DT x

N Zver said...

It's really sweet card. Thanks for joining us at Come And Get It challenge.Neva

Erin Stephenson said...

What a lovely creation! Thanks for playing at Open Minded Crafting! We hope to see you next time and good luck!

sammi said...

Thank you so much for playing along with us in our "Fall/Autumn" challenge at Open Minded Crafting! Hope to see you playing, again, next time! ~~Sammibug~~ DT Member For Open Minded Crafting

Collette said...

Simple and sweet - it's lovely! Thank you for sharing with us at Bearly Mine Designs' October Halloween challenge ... now if I could only figure out how to turn MY 'dingbat' into a cut file ... (speaking of my dingbat hubs, lol)

Wildfire said...

I love this pumpkin. Thanks for joining us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun! :)

Petya DT

Taniaj Scott said...

What a great fun card. Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew for our black cardstock challenge Hugs Tania (DT)xx

Dwie lewe rączki said...

Great card! Thanks for joining our challenges at Creative Card Crew.
Hope to see you again
Yvonne

Andreja L. said...

This is a beautiful creation. It is perfect for our ‘Halloween’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Bearly Mine Challenge.
Hugs, Andreja